Tuesday, May 18, 2010

'Be Yourself'

We all have quotes that inspire us and make us feel as if someone understands. There are some quotes that inspire you to do something great and it all seems easy. The world makes it seem like it is too hard to accomplish. When you see people quote a famous saying but never live up to its word, that is when you start to feel like the quote was a cliche saying that is said by fakes who will never be themselves.

We all know there are tons of people in this world that will not accept another person for who they are. You judge someone every day and you probably don't realize it. Some people do realize it but do it anyway to feel better about themselves. I know because I have seen it.

There has been a saying I have been hearing since I was 15 years old. It inspired me, like most people, to not care what people say, do what you want to do, and live your life the way you want.

'Always be yourself' we have all heard that, haven't we?

For four years, I have been trying to be myself. No one wants to be yourself. They only want you to be what THEY want you to be.

Every day, I see someone who has said 'Be yourself' look at someone and judge them for their appearance, race, fashion, hairstyle, or weight. Most of the time they are doing it to make themselves feel better.

MOST of the people who say 'be yourself' then turn around and insult someone because they are not like them, are jealous. Now that sounds cliche too, I know, but if you actually look at the person that is insulting the other, you can actually see that they are jealous.

Is beauty really irrelevant?

No comments:

Post a Comment